WHAT WE DO
THE ADISA GROUP works closely with you
to identify your needs, understand your goals, seek clarity,
and help you develop and implement solutions tailored to your reality.
We begin with an initial conversation, exploring your hopes, challenges and opportunities. And we remain your partner throughout the process, working hand-in-hand, to ensure success.
People want to be involved in important work. When vision and mission are articulated and embodied, they become clarion calls for staff, volunteers, and the larger community. People unify around a shared purpose, exemplify the organization’s dreams and intentions, and serve as guideposts that ground decision-making. Vision and mission are inspiring, memorable, and most importantly actionable.
Adisa guides leaders and teams through a vision and strategy process to create a clear vision of what their shared mission is—and what it isn’t.
How we help:
- Clarifying vision and strategy development – We bring your stakeholders together to create greater clarity and consensus around the organization’s mission and vision, bringing your strategy into focus. It’s one thing to dream about the future and create a vision—but to achieve it, you must break down the larger goals into measurable steps that will take you to your desired destination. We help you identify milestones and define how you will measure progress.
- Identifying gaps – We help your group clarify capabilities and gaps between where you are and where you want to be. We collectively define factors critical for success and identify where you can shift resources to spend more time on areas that are strategically significant. The resulting analysis will offer a visual map from which to consider future strategic plans that will move you toward achievement of your mission.
- Clarifying values – Core values are the deeply ingrained principles that guide an organization’s strategy and actions; they serve as its cultural cornerstones. Core values are the essence of organizational identity—your principles, beliefs or philosophy. When core values are fully lived and integrated in operations, they can be a true competitive advantage. We will guide you through a process that leads to greater alignment, accountability, and commitment.
Mission-driven managers are often promoted into top leadership roles because they have deep subject matter expertise. But this shift often brings growing pains: Moving from a role executing a strategy to setting strategy and empowering others to execute it is not as simple as it seems.
Content expertise is no longer sufficient in today’s turbulent world. An organization can better scale its impact when it calls upon the depth of talent, skills, and attributes within the organization, bringing out the best in individuals and teams. The quality of a leader’s relationships, his or her emotional intelligence and self-awareness, correlates directly with the results he or she creates.
How we help:
- Executive coaching – Coaching is designed to help you clarify your vision, beliefs, values, what's working and what isn't, and stretch your capacity to lead and influence. We’ll help you shape your intention into impact. Through one-on-one coaching, Adisa will engage you in direct, honest, purposeful, and confidential conversations, custom designed to serve the goals you identify. We can tackle questions around what’s no longer working, what’s next, decision-making, emotional intelligence, interpersonal conflict, organizational or personal transition, stress management, resiliency, goal achievement, and productivity.
- 360 degree assessment – Adisa is a certified administrator of The Leadership Circle Profile™ —the only 360 degree competency assessment that simultaneously provides focused competency feedback while revealing the underlying assumptions that drive a leader’s pattern of strengths and limitations. The Leadership Circle Profile helps leaders understand the relationship between how they habitually think, how they behave, and, most importantly, how these issues impact their effectiveness. Once this awareness is established, leadership development can proceed. Without it, change rarely happens. We manage the 360-degree process, offer one-on-one debriefs as well as team snapshots when the leadership team participates.
- Group coaching, Workshops, and Training – When people come together to work on a mission, they don’t always accomplish what they’re capable of achieving. That’s because a group of individuals doesn’t automatically form an effective team—no matter how good each of them are at their particular roles. Transforming a group of people into a cohesive team requires a different kind of vision. Adisa helps teams amplify their impact by providing expert advice, facilitation, training, or in-the-moment team coaching.
- Succession planning – Working with the board of directors or senior leaders, we identify the skills and traits needed in future organizational leaders based on business needs. We work hand-in-hand with you to develop and guide the succession planning process.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of mission-driven organizations. When engaged effectively, they can be transformative, helping an organization reach and exceed its goals. If not properly supported, they can burden or even undermine the organization. Engaging volunteers strategically can dramatically increase the ability of an organization to meet the needs of the causes it serves.
Adisa has extensive experience in volunteer management and will tailor our assessment, consults, and trainings to the unique needs of your organization. Whether just starting a program or looking to improve an existing effort, we can help build focus, clarity, and direction, empowering staff and volunteers at every level of the organization to execute more efficiently and deliver positive results towards your mission.
How we help:
- Program assessment – Includes surveying stakeholders using a research-model approach, identifying what’s working and where improvements need to be made, and providing guidance on program development and growth.
- Training and workshops – Tailored training in how to engage and lead volunteers, and empower volunteer leaders to grow their programs, strengthening everything from recruitment to staff/volunteer relationships.
- Infrastructure building – Guidance in starting or expanding upon volunteer involvement, including where and how to include volunteers in operations, and guidance in creating tools and processes to ensure success.
How do you change course effectively when the currents keep shifting and every day seems to bring a new crisis? How do you stop and strategize without stopping progress? How do you focus on the Big Thing when there’s pressure to do a hundred other little things?
Through evolution, species adapt to changing environmental circumstances. Navigating change is a matter of strategic evolution—figuring out, in metaphorical terms, whether your organization’s mission is more likely to require wings or a tail! We’ll help you answer tough questions about your evolution—like, if you’re absolutely going to need wings by next year, why are 25 percent of your staff still working on the tail project?
It’s tough work making the world a better place, but we can help you uncover what’s inhibiting your progress and build a vision for today that evolves mindfully into where you need to be tomorrow.
How we help:
- Change management – Adisa helps leaders, teams and organizations navigate change through the inevitable pressures and shifts that surround it, uncovering root causes inhibiting achievement of goals. We’ll help you bring clarity around barriers and what’s getting in the way of progress, and assist in developing strategies for moving forward and building systems for accountability.
- Organizational health & culture – The individuals who make up an organization form a greater body. When the systems of the body work in harmony, movement toward goals become more fluid. We know how the systems should work together efficiently to achieve the organization’s mission and help you identify what’s getting in the way. We develop and administer organizational health assessments, custom employee and culture surveys, as well as the Leadership Culture Survey™ which provides a powerful X-ray of your leadership culture, revealing valuable data about how your people view their current leadership, and comparing that reality to the optimal culture.